Brand new

Share your recipes and ask your beverage specific questions here.

Brand new

Postby gilmorep » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:49 am

Hello
My name is Pat. I just purchased the budget kit and expect it to arrive tuesday! I am so excited! I have purchased old orchard cranberry apple and welch white grape peach for my first two batches. I am curious about the beer and wondered is there a way to just purchase ingredients for a one gallon batch? From what I have read I believe the wine will be sparkling similar to a Spumante ( my favorite). I know to use sugar should I make a simple syrup to ensure the sugars is dissolved or should I use corn syrup from the beginning or a combination? Also I would like an alcohol content of at least 10% I should leave them sit for at least 5 days correct? Oh and are there any other spumante lovers out there and is the finished product close ( keep in mind I like sweeter wines) what did you do to make yours perfect? Thanks for any input!
gilmorep

Re: Brand new

Postby ezcaps » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 am

gilmorep wrote:Hello
My name is Pat. I just purchased the budget kit and expect it to arrive tuesday! I am so excited! I have purchased old orchard cranberry apple and welch white grape peach for my first two batches. I am curious about the beer and wondered is there a way to just purchase ingredients for a one gallon batch? From what I have read I believe the wine will be sparkling similar to a Spumante ( my favorite). I know to use sugar should I make a simple syrup to ensure the sugars is dissolved or should I use corn syrup from the beginning or a combination? Also I would like an alcohol content of at least 10% I should leave them sit for at least 5 days correct? Oh and are there any other spumante lovers out there and is the finished product close ( keep in mind I like sweeter wines) what did you do to make yours perfect? Thanks for any input!

Making beer with EZ Caps is not a big secret and doesn't require the purchase of our beer kits. All the items are available at your local homebrew store. Check out some of the recipes in our beer forum. And yes, the wine will be sparkling. I would start out using regular sugar. Actually, I would start out using the apple cider recipe included with the kit for your first time.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: Brand new

Postby gilmorep » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Being from Michigan I have been surronded by apples my whole life. We have some of the worlds best Cider already here its not hard to ferment it just forget about it and within a week or two it will do it on its own!
gilmorep

Return to Recipes and questions