They are here

Share your recipes and ask your beverage specific questions here.

They are here

Postby gilmorep » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:46 pm

I tried to get a couple questions answered but my orginal questions haven't been posted yet. So I punted. I used 2 cups of sugar and about a 1/4 of corn syrup. Its day one and we be frementing like mad baby!
I am letting my first two sit until next tuesday a full six days then to the fridge for 2 1/2 days to clarify NEXT friday will be taste test night.

I really want to try beer next I hope I can find a decent one gallon Lager recipe (my hubby likes Natural Ice would like a duplicate). A qestion with a lager yeast am I able to ferment in the fridge? With it being august it isn't cool enogh to let it sit out and will the time be as long with an EZ cap?
gilmorep

Re: They are here

Postby ezcaps » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 am

gilmorep wrote:I tried to get a couple questions answered but my orginal questions haven't been posted yet. So I punted. I used 2 cups of sugar and about a 1/4 of corn syrup. Its day one and we be frementing like mad baby!
I am letting my first two sit until next tuesday a full six days then to the fridge for 2 1/2 days to clarify NEXT friday will be taste test night.

I really want to try beer next I hope I can find a decent one gallon Lager recipe (my hubby likes Natural Ice would like a duplicate). A qestion with a lager yeast am I able to ferment in the fridge? With it being august it isn't cool enogh to let it sit out and will the time be as long with an EZ cap?

A properly working fridge is going to be too cold to ferment anything. For your first brewing ventures don't try anything too exotic. Make a basic beer recipe first, then start worrying about tweaks. Also, buying Natural Ice off the shelf will be substantially cheaper than purchasing the ingredients to make a clone of it.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: They are here

Postby gilmorep » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Thank you I understand more now hours worth of reading. I am thinking an Ale would be easiest for now.. maybe go a little crazy the next couple of batches. Thank you for your input..
gilmorep

Return to Recipes and questions