Tasting your beverage

Share your recipes and ask your beverage specific questions here.

Tasting your beverage

Postby macklikescheese » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:37 am

I had a question about tasting or adding yeast to your beverage. I've seen that everyone says to taste your beverage to see if it is where you want it before you put it in the fridge but how exactly do you do that? I thought if you opened the bottle while it was fermenting, it ruined the process and that it also had a sort of volcanic eruption. I also don't want to disturb the yeast. So, how exactly do you taste it to know if it is where you want it? Thanks for your help!
macklikescheese

Re: Tasting your beverage

Postby ezcaps » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:17 am

macklikescheese wrote:I had a question about tasting or adding yeast to your beverage. I've seen that everyone says to taste your beverage to see if it is where you want it before you put it in the fridge but how exactly do you do that? I thought if you opened the bottle while it was fermenting, it ruined the process and that it also had a sort of volcanic eruption. I also don't want to disturb the yeast. So, how exactly do you taste it to know if it is where you want it? Thanks for your help!

Good question. The way I do it is tilt the bottle on it's side (aiming the cap into a glass) and then press my thumbnail to the center of the EZ Cap. Some of the liquid will squirt out under pressure and then you can taste it. Of course being unclarified it will taste yeasty but you will be able to judge sweet and dryness.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Return to Recipes and questions