juice

juice

Postby nursgon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:51 pm

I have been looking for tasty juice to turn in to tasty wine and all the juice I fine has apple juice in it, the cherry, peach, ect all have apple juice is there no such thing as pure cherry juice?? The grape juice is 100% grapes and I have a batch going now, it's doing great but I would like to know if I use the juices with apple juice in them will my wine come out like cider?
nursgon

Re: juice

Postby ezcaps » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:25 pm

I think you'll find the juice blends with apple come out tasting great. If apple isn't the predominant flavor in the juice it won't be in the predominant flavor in the wine either.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby nursgon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:28 pm

OK where have these been all of my life???????? I just finished my first bottle of the basic grape and it's wonderfull. I have brewed beer most of my life learning from my great grandfather but this hands down is far easer and better. Dont get me wrong I will still brew my Bohemian-style beer for the summers out here in OK but hands down I am hooked on these caps. The next 2 batches are going and can hardly wait.
nursgon

Postby ezcaps » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 pm

nursgon wrote:OK where have these been all of my life???????? I just finished my first bottle of the basic grape and it's wonderfull. I have brewed beer most of my life learning from my great grandfather but this hands down is far easer and better. Dont get me wrong I will still brew my Bohemian-style beer for the summers out here in OK but hands down I am hooked on these caps. The next 2 batches are going and can hardly wait.

Glad you love them! Have you ever tried nano-brewing beer with EZ Caps? It's a lot easier than traditional methods.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby Lamo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Nursgon,
In regard to your question about cherry juice, I have found one that makes excellent wine. The brand name is Indian Summer and says Montmorency cherry juice. It is 100% cherry juice. Hope you can find it in your area. Lamo
Lamo

Postby Casketmaker » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:39 am

Lamo wrote:Nursgon,
In regard to your question about cherry juice, I have found one that makes excellent wine. The brand name is Indian Summer and says Montmorency cherry juice. It is 100% cherry juice. Hope you can find it in your area. Lamo

Wow if you found 100% cherry juice at a grocery store you are lucky. I buy mine mail order and it costs me $60 to make a 5 gallon batch of wine.
Casketmaker

Postby nursgon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 pm

OK I have now finished my 5th batch and love it all, the cherry juice is no longer an issue, I get white grape juice frozen and use flavors I found in the baking section of store. I mix up a batch of the white grape and add 1/4 tsp of coconut flavor and a 1/2 tsp of rum flavor with 6 drops of blue food dye and it's the best blue Hawaii I have ever had....and I am mixing more....
nursgon

Postby dopplebock » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 am

Casketmaker wrote:Wow if you found 100% cherry juice at a grocery store you are lucky. I buy mine mail order and it costs me $60 to make a 5 gallon batch of wine.

try walmart groceries. they have 100% for about 3-4 bucks/64 oz. bottle.
dopplebock

Postby nursgon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:04 am

just sitting here drinking my 3rd glass and thinking why more people are not making there own wine? I have taken samples to work and have them hooked, hope they buy some EZ-CAPS.... but we need to let the world know about this... you know?
nursgon

Return to Wine