two cans of concentrate

two cans of concentrate

Postby dopplebock » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 am

having brewed beer for ages now i've always have added an extra can of malt instead of sugar to boost abv and add body. i'm going to try two cans of concentrate without adding sugar in a few days. that should be interesting.
dopplebock

Re: two cans of concentrate

Postby ezcaps » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Are you making beer or wine? I just made some hard cider using double concentrate (two cans) and it came out great. It fermented really quickly and turned out pretty dry after just a couple of days so I put it in the fridge to stop the fermentation. Next time I'll add some sugar and let it ferment longer. Using double concentrate definitely made it taste better. It is of course less economical.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby dopplebock » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:08 am

yeah i'm talking about wine. two cans should be interesting to try. i think it's very economical! gonna put my grape-raspberry in the fridge tomorrow to clarify. 8 pm will be 8 days for that one. my prediction: semi-sweet.
dopplebock

Postby ezcaps » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:04 pm

After I let my double-can cider clarify I decided it was too dry for me, so I back-sweetened it with 1/3 can of apple juice concentrate. It is awesome.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby dopplebock » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:15 am

started a raspberry/honey wine on 02/20/10.
(2 liter batch)
1 can welch's white grape concentrate.
1 can welch's raspberry concentrate.
1/2 cup sugar.
6 oz clover honey.
broken hydrometer. but i'm guessing 12-14 % abv final. my vinometer will give a fairly accurate result after stopping fermentation.

i was going to do two slightly different batches but ended up doing two of the exact same. so now i have a gallon of the same must fermenting!

will clear and rack soon.
dopplebock

Postby rastoma » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:15 pm

so how did the honey raspberry wine come out?
Robin
rastoma

Return to Wine