Non-Sparkling?

Non-Sparkling?

Postby JDRyderman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 pm

First of all, I want to say great product! I'm hooked on Nano-brewing. I've already tried a ton of juices and beer mixes.

My question (and it might seem stupid): What if I want to drink a non-sparkling wine?

What I come up with everytime is kind of like a strong champagne or sparkling dry red wine.

What's the best way to get rid of the carbonation?
JDRyderman

Re: Non-Sparkling?

Postby ezcaps » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 am

Question #7: I want to try a non-sparkling fermented beverage. Can I do this with EZ Caps?

Answer: Yes. Follow the beverage making instructions but after two days unscrew the EZ Cap most of the way. The juice will ferment, but the CO2 will escape, and the beverage will not be carbonated.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby JDRyderman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks...must have glossed over that while enjoying the product!
JDRyderman

Postby Casketmaker » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:15 am

ezcaps wrote:Question #7: I want to try a non-sparkling fermented beverage. Can I do this with EZ Caps?

Answer: Yes. Follow the beverage making instructions but after two days unscrew the EZ Cap most of the way. The juice will ferment, but the CO2 will escape, and the beverage will not be carbonated.

OK but wont that cause oxidation of the wine by allowing oxygen back into the bottle?
Casketmaker

Postby ezcaps » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:00 am

Casketmaker wrote:
ezcaps wrote:Question #7: I want to try a non-sparkling fermented beverage. Can I do this with EZ Caps?

OK but wont that cause oxidation of the wine by allowing oxygen back into the bottle?

No, with the co2 venting out the amount of 02 getting in shouldn't effect the taste. By leaving the cap on for two days the die has been cast.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Return to Wine