Fruit Flavored Wine Coolers Recipes...

Fruit Flavored Wine Coolers Recipes...

Postby aguilera2000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum and just ordered my first ezcaps kit,
Do you guys have any recipes for fruit flavored wine coolers ($eagram'$), strawberry and lemon in particular, is it even possible to make them using the ezcaps system? Thanks.
CHEERS!!!
aguilera2000

Re: Fruit Flavored Wine Coolers Recipes...

Postby dopplebock » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:19 am

wine coolers are malted beverages - ie: beer!, as its base is an alcoholic malt beverage rather than wine. named that way because they taste more like wine, than beer!

you could use a grape concentrate of your choice, ferment to completion, then add your own sweetener (juice/sugar/etc) to taste before bottling.

these wine coolers are generally about 5 -6% abv. you can keep the abv this low by stopping the fermentation. just add Potassium Sorbate 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of wine. then let sit 24 hrs before bottling or adding additional sweeteners.
dopplebock

Postby aguilera2000 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:41 pm

thanks, another general question about bottling... Do 40 oz GLASS beer bottles with the twist on caps work for bottling? and what is the life range for wine stored in these bottles? thanks.
aguilera2000

Postby nursgon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Bottling many bottles of beer I can Tell you screw off caped beer bottles cannot be recaped with a normal capping tool,
nursgon

Return to Wine