Newbie sharing my winemaking experimentation

Newbie sharing my winemaking experimentation

Postby WOLF999 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I have read alot of info from this forum so thought I would share...

5th day of primary fermentation...

1Gallon jug with 2 11.5 oz cans of Welches White/Peach frozen concentrate juice, 4 slices of canned peaches, 24 OZ. of sugar, 2 TBS. of the syrup from the canned peaches, 5 Grams of a white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. This was the best start of the batch ....started fast and fermenting like crazy with foam and constant bubbles, I topped off with a little water today on the 5th day. Nice wine aroma.

1 64 OZ bottle with 4 bags of Liptons tea, 1 Chamomile, 1 Green, 12 OZ. sugar, 2 TBS. of the syrup from the canned peaches, 2.5 Grams of a white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. Second best start and fermenting well. 0 foam, constant bubbles. I topped off with a little water today on the 5th day. Hard Tea aroma. Odd color.

2 64 OZ bottles, 1 each with 1 11.5 Generic can of grape cocncentrate, 2 slices of canned peaches, 1 tablespoon from syrup of canned peaches, 12 OZ. of sugar each., 2.5 grams of white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. Slow start and finally constant bubble, 0 foam. Nice grape aroma.

1 64 OZ bottle, Mixed in I liter worth of generic Tropical punch mix, 4 slices of canned peaches, 2 TBS of syrup, 10 OZ. of sugar. 2.5 grams of white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. Very, very slow start. Shook on day 3. Day 5 it is finally showing bubbles. 0 foam. Weak Tropical punch aroma, not detecting any alcohol aroma.

Sorry not very technical. This is my first batch ever and will update when I taste test :) Great way to clean out the pantry. Constant temp 72 - 74 under clean sanitzed kitchen sink.
WOLF999

Re: Newbie sharing my winemaking experimentation

Postby ezcaps » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Wow, those are some really advanced looking projects for a newbie. Please keep us updated.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby WOLF999 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 am

Any suggestions to help along the slower generic Tropical punch mix fermentation? Still very slow.
WOLF999

Postby ezcaps » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:07 pm

WOLF999 wrote:Any suggestions to help along the slower generic Tropical punch mix fermentation? Still very slow.

If you still have others fermenting, put them around (and touching) the slower one. The added heat might speed it up. Another option is to add more yeast. If it is fermenting slowly that is not a bad thing. Some people go to great measures to use slow fermenting yeast because of the flavors that develop.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Return to Wine