Pasteurized Juice

Pasteurized Juice

Postby MRW1960 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Hello All,
I'm new here and want to know if I can use Pasteurized Fruit juice to make my wine? I bought several bottles of R.W. Knudsen Cranberry Nectar in the Organic section of my store. It says 100% juice, no sugar. How much sugar should I put in my 2 Liter bottle to make a potent wine and how long should I ferment? I just got my E-Z Caps yesterday, and am ready to make some wine. I read the instructions, but just want to be sure. ;) Thanks in advance
Regards,
Michael
MRW1960

Re: Pasteurized Juice

Postby ezcaps » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:35 am

MRW1960 wrote:Hello All,
I'm new here and want to know if I can use Pasteurized Fruit juice to make my wine? I bought several bottles of R.W. Knudsen Cranberry Nectar in the Organic section of my store. It says 100% juice, no sugar. How much sugar should I put in my 2 Liter bottle to make a potent wine and how long should I ferment? I just got my E-Z Caps yesterday, and am ready to make some wine. I read the instructions, but just want to be sure. ;) Thanks in advance
Regards,
Michael

Pasteurized fruit juice works great. I don't know what types of juices are in "cranberry nectar" but chances are they have added apple or pear juice to sweeten it, both of which are high in sugars. Depending on how sweet you like your wine, add 1.5 or so cups of sugar. The "cran-apple cooler" recipe that came with the kit can probably be used with it.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: Pasteurized Juice

Postby MRW1960 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks. Yes, it does have apple juice blended in it.The bottle says no sugar added. I already prepared it on the 29th. and its going to work with the fermentation. I did use 1 1/2 cups sugar, and I will let it go for about 10-12 days before I sample it. I really do not like sweet wine, so this will be my trial and error.Either way I'm sure it will be good!

Regards,
Michael
MRW1960

Return to Wine