My Wine Exploits

My Wine Exploits

Postby bradybrewing » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Well as I posted in the cider posts, I have a batch of strawberry rhubarb wine. I recently put it in the fridge to begin clarifying. The recipe, as well as I can remember it, includes .7 liters of rhubarb juice (homemade) and .7 liters of strawberry juice $store bought fruit then juices at home). Mixed into the batch is white sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of honey. I am not planning on aging this batch. Keeping it sparkling for a party at a friends. But if its good as when I tasted it, I will be making another, more recorded batch. This one will be racked, bottled, Corker, and aged.
Again, any thoughts or constructive criticism is much appreciated!
Jab of Brady Brews
bradybrewing

Re: My Wine Exploits

Postby bradybrewing » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:35 am

Well I clarified and bottled it up. Had to mix in more sugar and some spices to make the taste what I wanted. Now gives a very nice rhubarb cinnamon hint. Friends described their like of it as "a really good cheap some". I'm aging a good bit of it till my birthday in June. Very happy with how it turned out. Drank what didn't for in the bottles over some cigars with a friend just back from marine training in cali.
Maybe I'll call it hoorah rhubarb reserve... Lol
Jab of Brady Brews
bradybrewing

Return to Wine