Cranberry lemonade

Cranberry lemonade

Postby hsb12321 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 pm

I know that, for many, citrus has been a problem. But I think I have solved the problem! I just finished making a batch of cranberry lemon wine kind of stuff(not sure what to call it). Essentially all I did was buy some off-brand cranberry juice, cut up half a lemon into large wedges to cram them into the bottle, added about 1 1/2 cups of sugar, a handful of craisins, and finally everyone's favorite little spore (yeast). After about one day I had very rapid fermentation. I let it go for about 5 days which brought it up to about 14 proof. I ran it through a coffee filter to get rid of the lemon chunks and craisins. Now I have it clarifying, and it is tasting really refreshing and tart ;) .

My one complaint about this method has to do with carbonation. When I first removed my EZ Cap, I had lovely bubbles, but unfortunately after the filtering process I all but eliminated this carbonation.

If anyone has any suggestions of maintaining the carbonation, let me know! Otherwise, this method of adding citrus to your brew has worked for me splendidly. Right now I have a batch of Lemon-tea going strong with an entire lemon! If anyone has any questions let me know!

Cheers.
hsb12321

Re: Cranberry lemonade

Postby ultraputa » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:37 pm

it is quite easy to get again nice carbonation. If you bottle the beverage with some sugar it will get again the carbonation.

Look for "prime" or "priming" in google, it is common when brewing beer.

Be careful bottling not completelly fermented things... bottles can explode, so it is better to read before to try
ultraputa

Return to Wine