still waters

still waters

Postby snee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 am

just got me ezcaps, a liter bottle, 2 cans of bybee organic apple juice concentrate, .5 cups of sugar, water, pinch of yeast. 1st day no action, so i added more yeast and shook. the concoction was fizzing away for a couple of days, a thinish layer of bubbles and some off-gassing. now it is completely still. i shook it up twice today, but no more bubbles. it's been a bit chilly, like 60-70 degrees. is it still alive? what should i do? add more sugar? more yeast? drink it?
snee

Re: still waters

Postby ezcaps » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:52 am

snee wrote:just got me ezcaps, a liter bottle, 2 cans of bybee organic apple juice concentrate, .5 cups of sugar, water, pinch of yeast. 1st day no action, so i added more yeast and shook. the concoction was fizzing away for a couple of days, a thinish layer of bubbles and some off-gassing. now it is completely still. i shook it up twice today, but no more bubbles. it's been a bit chilly, like 60-70 degrees. is it still alive? what should i do? add more sugar? more yeast? drink it?

It's probably done, yeast will eat 1/2 cup sugar in no time. Did you taste it? It's probably dry.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: still waters

Postby snee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:55 am

Most excellent! I tried it right after the last post and it was really good. Nice flavor and at least a good 8-10% alcohol content. :D

So cool... I am so glad I tried e-z caps. I was totally skeptical but this is the best (and simplest) brewing experience I have ever had.

One note: it never got bubbly on top... maybe it is the cooler temperature making a slower ferment? Who knows. Who cares?

I am trying my 2nd brewfest now.... 4 bottles with varying recipes. Will post the details here later.

This is sooooo much fun. Love them little caps.
snee

Return to Cider