Sanitizer and Bottles

Sanitizer and Bottles

Postby SuzyK » Wed May 16, 2012 2:29 am

Hello everyone! I'm excited to start brewing using EZ Caps but wanted to see if anyone uses sanitizer for the 2 liter bottle and the beer bottles? No one had mentioned it before so I just wanted to see if I need to get it or not. If you don't use the beer making sanitizer to make the beer...then what do you use? Just soap and water? Also, what has the shelf life been for your beer whe it's ready to drink? Thanks!!
SuzyK

Re: Sanitizer and Bottles

Postby ezcaps » Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm

For the brewing cycle, just rinse out the 2 liter bottles with regular tap water. Using EZ Caps the beverage ferments so quickly that the alcohol quickly reaches a level that effectively makes the process self-sanitizing. You can run the beer bottles through the dishwasher to sanitize them but to be honest I don't do that either. After bottling (which I almost never do) my beer goes into the fridge and soon thereafter into my stomach, so I've never found any type of sanitation to be necessary. Remember during the bottling the beer already has alcohol in it. You want everything to be clean but the extra sanitation steps aren't normally necessary.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: Sanitizer and Bottles

Postby SuzyK » Sun May 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Thank you!!
SuzyK

Return to Beer