How to make beer with EZ Caps

Re: How to make beer with EZ Caps

Postby ezcaps » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 am

Casketmaker wrote:I tried a coffee filter one time on a 1 gallon batch of wine I made and it didn't work so well. It will quickly clog and after messing with it for 30 minutes, you will get sick of the idea. I haven't come up with a cheap way to filter wine that actually works. The best thing I know to do is to be careful not to disturb the sediment by siphoning the wine out of the bottle instead of pouring it out.

The only way to completely clarify a beverage that I know if is by racking it. Siphon off as much as you can, leaving the sediment behind, and clarifying the siphoned wine, and then repeat until desired clearness. The improvement in subsequent transfers is in apperance, not taste, but that is a personal opinion.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby nursgon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 am

OK I have worked out a very easy way to brew a light smooth beer watch my video or keep reading
1st get this stuff
power malt (your choice light-dark) 1 Cup
Corn sugar 1 Cup
Saaz (Czech) hops 1 Table spoon
brewers yeast 1/8 teaspoon X2
2 2lt bottles
2 e-z Caps

In a pot put 1 lt water (use good water spring type or filtered) and bring to a boil, add the malt sugar and the hops( put the hops in a coffee filter and wrap it up with string like a tea bag) and turn heat down to a slow boil keep it there for 25 min, let it cool to rm temp, squez out the hop tea bag and add 3 leiters of good water and mix and pour in to the 2 2 lt bottles, add 1/8 tsp of yeast to each bottle and cap with E-Z Caps and put in a cool dark place for 2 weeks, at the end of 2 weeks put the bottles in the frig for 2 days then enjoy....
nursgon

Postby drdancan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I tried this beer using dried malt extract, Nugget hops, and Cooper's yeast. It was quite drinkable at approximately 4% alcohol content.
The next batch I am going to use 1 and 1/4 cups of DME and 1 and 1/4 cups of corn sugar to get the alcohol content up a bit.

The EZ Caps work great and it is a lot of fun to make different recipes at low cost.

nursgon wrote:OK I have worked out a very easy way to brew a light smooth beer watch my video or keep reading
1st get this stuff
power malt (your choice light-dark) 1 Cup
Corn sugar 1 Cup
Saaz (Czech) hops 1 Table spoon
brewers yeast 1/8 teaspoon X2
2 2lt bottles
2 e-z Caps

In a pot put 1 lt water (use good water spring type or filtered) and bring to a boil, add the malt sugar and the hops( put the hops in a coffee filter and wrap it up with string like a tea bag) and turn heat down to a slow boil keep it there for 25 min, let it cool to rm temp, squez out the hop tea bag and add 3 leiters of good water and mix and pour in to the 2 2 lt bottles, add 1/8 tsp of yeast to each bottle and cap with E-Z Caps and put in a cool dark place for 2 weeks, at the end of 2 weeks put the bottles in the frig for 2 days then enjoy....
drdancan

Postby ScottieDanger45 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Hey folks, I just wanted to share my filtration method. I just take a flexible tube and siphon out the mixture into a 4L jug such that the sediment stays and I get the good stuff.
It works for me.
ScottieDanger45

Previous

Return to Beer