Banana hard wine ??

Banana hard wine ??

Postby ultraputa » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello again!

In less than 1 month I have a party and a friend of mine wants a banana + cinnamon hard wine. Bizzarre! I know! but I'll try it.

My plan is to use one liter of Banana nectar. In Spain Nectar is a not-100% juice, I don't know if this word is used in other Countries.

Cinnamon, a little bit of clove and nutmeg.

Sugar, something like 100g (per 1 liter)

Yeast

And let it ferment, measure the initial density, and measure it every 2 or 3 days, if it seems it stops before the 17% add more sugar.

I'm not comfortable bottling this small bomb, I'm pretty sure it could explode if the alcohol % is below the yeast capabilities.
I suppose I will keep it in plastic bottle with the EZ cap during these 3 weeks, filter and clarify it the last days.

any comments, suggestions?
ultraputa

Re: Banana hard wine ??

Postby ultraputa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 am

After few days I've addes 100g more of sugar and 10 extra grams of cinnamon.

The result is HORRIBLE!!!!I did it for a friend, and I hope he will be brave enough to drink at least a shot of this beberage! puagh!

NOw is bottled on a 0.5l bottle waiting for next Friday party :)
ultraputa

Postby ezcaps » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:34 pm

ultraputa wrote:After few days I've addes 100g more of sugar and 10 extra grams of cinnamon.

The result is HORRIBLE!!!!I did it for a friend, and I hope he will be brave enough to drink at least a shot of this beberage! puagh!

NOw is bottled on a 0.5l bottle waiting for next Friday party :)

Horrible in what way?

I often thought about a banana wine, but bananas don't seem to have any juice. If you try to juice them you just get a thick syrupy slop.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby ultraputa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 pm

all ways :(

Too much alcohol
Too much spice flavour (nutmeg and clove)
No banana flavour

it was a test for a friend... 200g of sugar on a 1 liter batch... what could you expect :)
ultraputa

Return to Other