Beer kits now for sale on eBay !

This forum is for the new EZ Caps beer kit.

Re: Beer kits now for sale on eBay !

Postby ezcaps » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 pm

gings wrote:I'm new to this forum. Are beer kits an idea that been abandoned or are you sold out for now?

They will be available again soon. I've had problems getting a continuous supply of ingredients and it looks like it's going to be an ongoing problem. I will probably list them for sale here first so members get first crack.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby highestbid » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:15 pm

I expect the beer kits were abandoned, shipping is a bear especially from his location. We lived in Juneau for years in the 80's and milk was already $4.50 a gallon because of shipping. Cant imagine what it would be now. I make beer with a set of carboys and have a kegerator and it works great for me, I also have a tap-adraft I loan out a lot to get people started. I was looking at e-z cap as a way some of my friends with less available space (or money) might get started and get the bug. I e-mailed ezcaps and he said he would send beer yeast with a pack instead of the normal yeast if I asked when I ordered so I am planning to make an order soon and give it a try. Will be interesting to compare it to what I get from a beer kit Austin Home Brew or one of the other majors :-) I will say that from experience I know that simple doesn make for bad beer I frequently make batches of extreemly simple beer just 6lbs of liquid malt, handfull of what ever hops I have left overs and a cheap packet of nothingham or windsor dry yeast. Not going to win any awards but goes over just fine with my mega-swill drinking friends.
highestbid

Postby ezcaps » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:01 am

gings wrote:I'm new to this forum. Are beer kits an idea that been abandoned or are you sold out for now?

Hello,

While they aren't abandoned, our market testing didn't go well because the price was too high, and we have yet to source a wholesaler of ingredients that can bring the price down. We're still trying to solve this problem.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Beer Kit