cleaning E-Z caps, bottle sterilization

Share your recipes and ask your beverage specific questions here.

cleaning E-Z caps, bottle sterilization

Postby tophat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm assuming EZ caps are fairly durable, but if I was to wash them before use, or for storing, would this cause them to degrade or anything of that nature?

And another first use question...as is noted everywhere, one doesn't need to worry about about cleaning the bottle between uses as the alcohol is strong enough to kill most everything....but what about first use? It doesn't seem it would be a terrible idea to give it a very light bleach rinse or something of the sort.

Thanks!
tophat

Re: cleaning E-Z caps, bottle sterilization

Postby ezcaps » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:54 am

tophat wrote:I'm assuming EZ caps are fairly durable, but if I was to wash them before use, or for storing, would this cause them to degrade or anything of that nature?

And another first use question...as is noted everywhere, one doesn't need to worry about about cleaning the bottle between uses as the alcohol is strong enough to kill most everything....but what about first use? It doesn't seem it would be a terrible idea to give it a very light bleach rinse or something of the sort.

Thanks!

Hello,

As far as cleaning goes, I've never done anything else than rinse the bottle out with regular tap water. But that is assuming that the bottle is relatively clean (ie, not filthy, moldy etc). Same thing with the caps. If the caps get gross from contact with the wort, I use warm water and regular mild dish detergent. Rinse well.

Always store your caps in a "clean" condition.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Return to Recipes and questions